Amateur Gamedev Projects
Ascension SwitchA 2 player game I wrote for Ludum Dare 27 in 2 days. The theme was "10 seconds".
Player1 tries to reach the top of a tower.
Player2 plays cards to stop player1.
After 10 seconds they switch roles.
It's written in C using SDL2.
A Day At Joe'sA short top-down stealth adventure game in Html5.
I made it for Ludum Dare 26 with the theme "minimalism"
IblicA very short 2d-physics adventure you can finish it in 2-3minutes.
FauliA team project where we had to build a game for a STM32f Microcontroller.
We created a short linear metalslug-like shooter.
You can run around pick up healthpacks and shoot at kittens.
It has local multiplayer and can use 2 SNES controllers.
Nonogram.jsA team project where we had to build a nonogram puzzle game.
It comes with a build-in editor and 2 example puzzles.
Last EscapeA 2d metroid like action shooter created in a team in 2 days for a gamejam.
About 20 people (gfx,sfx,leveldesign,code) from opengameart.org worked on this game.
We coordinated our work via irc and github.
After the contest ended I fixed some memory-management bugs.
Later, I started to upgrade the source to SFML2.
At the moment there is no stable executable available.
GiftGrabA html5 physics balancing game.
I created it in 3 evenings as warmup for Ludum Dare 25.
You rotate a pinned board to grab gifts with the package.
Local MastermindA Html5 strategy / simulation game I started for Ludum Dare 25.
At the moment there is only a town simulation with some selfmaintaining Ai.
I'm currently (November 2013) working to make it a real game.
RainA graphical Roguelike.
I'm using C++, OpenGL for the main game and Berkelium for scripting and gui.
I spend a lot of time on this project. A lot of things are already implemented like:
random mapgeneration, enemies, fighting, equipable items, simple dialogue, pathfinding, saving/loading.
The game lacks polish, has a lot of gameplay bugs and no content.
Black TowerA text adventure with gui.
You click on an action button, then you click on an object.
I implemented JSON scene files, dialogue choices, changing the scene and started with localization.
It lacks an inventory, a combatsystem and proper styling.
There is no public alpha, or source code. I stopped working on this.
Audiobooks.jsA Node.js server to organize, search and play audio books on my private homeserver.
The audio tag is used for streaming playback. Mplayer is used for playback at the Server.
Originally I wrote it in php, later I migrated the code to Node.js.
I am already using it to play audiobooks on my RaspberryPi.
MediaU (worktitle)A Qt app that cataloguizes video files.
It parses metaData of unsorted files and downloads artworks & infos (only anime atm).
It is meant to run on a big TV screen
and to be controlled by a mobile web device (via a HTTP API).
A list of Shows & movies is displayed on the web device.
The TV screen shows additional information about the selected item.
The webinterface can initiate mplayer playback on the TV and provides a remote control GUI
(pause/play, jumpTo, preview thumbnail at second).